POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shorten Code Tips : Re: Shorten Code Tips Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shorten Code Tips
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 29 Feb 2004 12:57:13
Message: <404227f9@news.povray.org>
> Hi,
> anyone maybe have idea how to shorten
>
>   L(y)L(y)L(z)L(z)L(x)L(x)

Nope, not unless I know the macros and have an idea how they might simply do
double output.

> and
>   union{... rotate R*90translate T scale.5}

Maybe the objects in the union could be scaled by .5 directly (e.g. using
radius of .5 instead of 1 for a sphere) but you'd have to add less than 7
digits for that to have an effect. Otherwise, I don't know. It's kinda
difficult to shorten such little code without the background of why and
where it is needed, and how you arrive there. Sometimes, you can leave
things out way earlier, or make them a little different, but thereby save
some amount of code later on.

Regards,
Tim

--